Some practical tips on how to manage in the current crisis!
By awakeninnersense, Mar 23 2020 04:04PM
We are all currently facing unprecedented times, exceptional changes, challenges on so many levels. Within our personal lives, professional lives, families, communities, as a Country and globally.
We are all at different staging of this process, however, would like to offer some tips that may be helpful at this time, on how to manage during these uncertain times. I trust that whoever is led to this blog will find something useful to take away and offer family, friends and loved ones.
1. Find a safe place - where you can allow yourself some time out to process your own personal experience of what is happening for you. There is so much going on, that it is essential for our own individual well being to have time and space to process our own individual feelings, fears, concerns, anxieties to name a few.
2. Be Kind to yourself - you are human, it is ok to feel a wide range of emotions, including fear, anxiety, panic, uncertainty and even grief. There is nothing wrong with these feelings, they are valid, given the sudden, unexpected and abrupt changes we are facing daily.
3. Validate your feelings - even if you just simple acknowledge I feel this right now, its ok all my feelings are valid.
4. Write it out or speak with someone you can trust - bottling up how you feel will only add to your anxiety and increase feelings of doubt and fear.
5. Seek professional help if you are not coping well - there are many ways to seek help via google, social media etc.
6. Ask for time out if you live with someone - Communication during stressful times is important for all concerned. Clearly express what you need, how you need it and for how long, and equally respect the time, needs of those around you. Not everyone processes in the same way or time.
7. Be respectful of others - We are all processing and facing our own personal experience of what this means individually as well as collectively. Whether you live with someone or alone, me mindful of where others are in their own processing. They may not be available to support you as they are also struggling now.
8. Know your limits - Unplug from the News for a while –I Know we are all following the news to keep up to date with the changes, but if you feel you are getting triggered, take time out from the news for a while and go back to it when you are ready.
9. Exercise - any form of exercise will help lift your mood and change your mind for a while. Even cleaning the house!
10. Relaxation - Find ways to relax, rest, ground, re-centre and just be in the moment.
11. Nurture yourself - find something you love to do and spend as much times as you need enjoying the fulfilment of this. It would be as simple as taking a long bath, baking cake, reading a book etc.
12. Gratitude - it is easier said than done, I get it. Try to come back to this moment right now, count your blessings for all you have right now. This helps raise your energy vibrations and help give you a sense that you are being supported right now.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Awaken Inner Sense Blog. Appologies for the small font.
Further blogs will be posted.
Be gentle with yourself, kind to others and stay safe.
Thank you Karyn, this is such valid information for individuals like myself and family members during this stressful and critical period we are all now facing throughout the world. Greatly appriciated.